If your house was burning, what would you take with you? Foster Huntington has based a whole project called The Burning House around this question and has asked people to participate by photographing the objects they'd take if they could.
This is my submission:
• My childhood teddy bear, Femted. Still perfect for a cuddle when feeling blue!
• My sketchbook
• My bag
• My Illusive illustration books
• All of my diaries which I've been writing in since I was about 12!
• My purse
• My photo albums
• My pencil case
• My GHDs
• The only pair of sunglasses I've ever found that suit me and therefore, the only pair I've ever bought!
• Tic Tacs (they're to me like tabacco is to a smoker)
• My ring given to me by my ex (I should've perhaps photographed this on top of the box...)
• My two thumb rings and tanzanite ring, all from my parents
• My charm necklace from my aunty for my 21st birthday
• My clock necklace
• My magnifying glass paper weight
• My iPod
• My phone
• The best scarf in the world! It's so warm and also just about big enough to use as a blanket if needs be!
• My PSP
• My Disney charm bracelet given to me by my parents for my 21st.
• Last, but the most important, my beautiful dog Bonnie. She also symbolises my rather lovely fat cat Fudge, but he's AWOL atm, most probably hunting for mice!
I know in reality that's too much stuff! It would take three trips alone to get all of my Illusive books - they're SO heavy! But this is a photograph of what I'd LIKE to save if I had the chance. The most important thing is that my family and little furry family are out safe and sound. Although, my Tic Tacs, my iPod, phone and sunglasses are usually in my bag, so count them as one item!! ;)
So, check out The Burning House and all of the wonderful submissions and even have a little ponder... What would you take with you?
No comments:
Post a Comment